How To Choose The TWS Bluetooth Earbuds, It Is Enough To Know These Points
Apr 28,2022 MiBA
Phone headphone jacks are already a common topic, and I've covered how products like headphone amplifiers and adapters can help. However, avoiding the burden of cables is unavoidable. In daily travel, on subways and buses with surging crowds and people coming and going, if you are not careful, others will hang up your headphone cable; if it is good, your ears will be injured. If the quality is average, the headphones are almost a waste.
Limited by the Bluetooth protocol, enthusiasts have always sneered at Bluetooth headsets. The sound quality of Bluetooth headphones is really not as good as wired headphones, let alone Hi-Fi. As technology continues to evolve, the sound quality of TWS Bluetooth Headphones is no longer as unpleasant as it once was.
What are the selling points of current Bluetooth headsets?
Now the first selling point of Bluetooth headphones is "noise reduction"
Noise reduction technology can be divided into passive noise reduction and active noise reduction according to the principle.
There are three types of passive noise reduction. They are sound source noise reduction, propagation noise reduction, and human ear noise reduction. For example, typical in-ear headphones use passive noise cancellation technology.
Passive noise-canceling headphones have a simple and reliable structure and do not interfere with the music itself, so the sound quality is better than active noise-canceling headphones.
Active noise cancellation relies on the way sound waves and sound waves cancel each other out. By first picking up the noise in the environment, sound waves that are opposite to the noise and of the same amplitude cancel each other out in the calculation.
Another big selling point of Bluetooth headsets is "water resistance"
, remove the shackles of cables, and enjoy music better when running and other sports. The previous Bluetooth headsets were often corroded by sweat, etc., damaging the unit, and the headset became a consumable item. Good waterproof design helps to prolong the service life.
How does Bluetooth technology affect sound quality?
The working principle of the Bluetooth headset: the decoding chip in the mobile phone decodes files such as MP3. A digital signal is generated and sent to the headset via Bluetooth. The digital-to-analog chip inside the earphone then converts it to an analog signal so that the unit receives the signal and makes a sound.
Reasons why the sound quality of Bluetooth headsets is criticized:
1. When Bluetooth transmits audio data, the audio is lossy compressed and loses sound quality.
2. DAC digital-to-analog conversion and amplification are done inside the Bluetooth headset. Small size and sound quality cannot be taken into account at the same time, aggravating the loss of sound quality. The current technology has effectively improved the sound quality loss caused by the first problem.
1. SBC encoding: It is the earliest Bluetooth audio transmission encoding, and the sound quality is also the worst, but the compatibility is the best. Any phone's Bluetooth supports SBC.
2, AAC encoding: AAC sound quality is better than SBC, APPLE Apple uses Bluetooth encoding, and other mobile phones are also widely supported. When the mobile phone plays AAC audio files, using AAC Bluetooth encoding for transmission can save an encoding conversion step, and the sound quality is more fidelity.
3. Apt-X encoding: It is a lossless transmission audio transmission format. APTX can play 16-bit/44.1kHz audio up to 352kbps, while aptxHD can support 24-bit/48kHz audio up to 576kbps. APTX technology enables pure wireless sound from many of the world's top smartphones, speakers, soundbars, headphones, and tablets.
4. LDAC encoding: LDAC is a Bluetooth audio encoding introduced by Sony, which is used to realize Hi-Res level audio transmission. After the new system after Android 8.0, LDAC has become the default Bluetooth audio codec supported by the system, and all applications can pass LDAC. output audio.
LDAC>APTX>AAC>SBC comes from bitrate transmission. LDAC actually has a slightly better sense of hearing, APTX is similar to AAC, and the effect of SBC is significantly worse.
Now the Qualcomm CSR8675 chip based on Bluetooth 5.0 has also come out, and there will be no lossy compression for audio transmission. The only thing that affects the sound quality is the DAC digital-to-analog chip and amplification part inside the Bluetooth headset.